In the spirit of the new year, I would like to share some things I learned during this past few days spent at a gorgeous cottage in the woods in Quebec.
1. Birds are really hard to photograph. I mean - Dude. They are fast, even when lured close with birdseed.
2. I kick holiday ass in my gnome themed pajama bottoms.
3. I have the uncanny ability to fall down/wipe out during EVERY activity. This will include swinging the controller during Wii golf, tennis, or bowling. I will also provide the entire group of people with the most spectacular sledding wipeout in which my hat will fly off my head and I will do two full tumble rolls before coming to a stop - face down - in the snow.
(no photo available)
4. I will remember how beautiful the world is, even when I am crabby and have a face full of snow.
5. La Chatte should be obeyed in all things, for she will crush you like the insignificant bug you are. (and she really digs watching squirrels lured onto the cottage porch with old breakfast toast. Of course she came on holiday with us!)
6. Spending three days with no cable or internet with friends and family is a truly wonderful thing. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start a new year.