Friday, July 20, 2007
Ah, Sarah, Ah, Mocha...so smart.
Now here is a secret....I am not nervous about BlogHer this year. Last year? Oh hell yes. This year? Meh, not so much.
Not because I am all THAT, but shit people. I had a major freaking meltdown over the past year. I lost my fucking mind. Literally. And I told you all about it!
(I think we can all sleep better knowing that I too did not sign the "no swearing" clause. I don't even have a "no swearing" clause in front of my child so why the fuck would I do it for anyone else?)
It isn't as if I am not awed by my bloggy crushes either. I still would love to just give Heather a big hug and tell her that she will get through all of it instead of simply staring at her from across the room...and I practically tripped over myself trying to get Eden to laugh at something I said last year while buying her t-shirts ....
But as I said to Nancy in an email recently.... I got nothing to prove. Zippo. Nada. Nothing. You all know I am weird and quirky and prone to disappearing at odd times. I may drink too much and tell off color stories ( Hey Izzy, You laughed so hard at my "You are 40 years old, Don't tell me you don't know the difference between my ass and my cooch! last year - How brave of you to be my room mate this year!)
I may stay up until the sun rises and see Sasquatch with you.
Sue has a great post about the nervousness around BlogHer and how unfounded it is. Honestly. I will be so glad to see friends from last year, and friends I have yet to meet.
Everything will be just fine.
So without further ado, here is my 10 second intro....
* I am the person you want on your team for trivial pursuit type games. I store VAST amounts of obscure, useless information in my brain.
* I am actually licensed to teach K-6
* I own more pajama sets than one person really should...Both winter sets and summers sets. I love quirky pajamas, as they are my main clothing at home. I would walk around in my pajamas all the time if I could.
* The whole "grunge rock" thing missed me entirely. Although I was in my third year of college, I just didn't get it - at all.
* I go fucking bugshit over good coconut cake.
* I own most of the Harry Potter books ( hardcover) in both their American and British release versions. Which are in fact slightly different.
Posted by Dawn at 8:44 AM